If you receive the higher rate mobility component of the Disability Living Allowance or the War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement, getting a new car couldn't be easier. It doesn't even matter if you cannot drive. If you receive one of these allowances then you or another member of the family, or a guardian can be nominated as drivers.
Motability is an independent not-for-profit organisation, which provides mobility solutions for disabled people. The Scheme was established to provide disabled people with a safe, reliable and affordable method of transport. It provides freedom to come and go, to work, to shop and to do the school run. It allows for staying in touch, making a difference, and having a better quality of life. Our friendly Motability team will be on hand to answer any questions you may have and to guide you through the process.
The Motability Scheme has been designed to help keep disabled people mobile with the application process being as straight forward as possible. With a single regular payment, you can take advantage of:
- A brand new car every three years
- Insurance from RSA Motability
- Breakdown assistance
- Aftersales servicing, maintenance and repairs
At Azur ŠKODA we regularly have a great selection of Motability offers available to our customers.
These are updating all the time and our Motability specialists will be able to provide you with the very latest offer details.
Our Motability offers are designed to make the fantastic range of ŠKODA vehicles even more affordable, with some being available without an advance payment.
As a not-for-profit organisation, the Motability Scheme has been created to assist motorists with disabilities so that they can remain mobile and make the most of many Motability solutions and features.
On the Motability Scheme you can make the most of safe, reliable and affordable vehicles, which is made successful as it utilises:
- The Government (Department for Work and Pensions and Veterans Agency)
- Motability (the registered charity empowered by its Royal Charter)
- Motability Operations (owned by the UK's largest banks), operating the car Schemes on a not-for-profit basis
- route2mobility Ltd ("r2m"), a privately owned company which operates the powered wheelchair and scooter scheme
- Manufacturers of cars, powered wheelchairs and scooters
- Car dealers and dealers in powered wheelchairs and scooters
- Specialist vehicle adaptation companies
- Insurance and roadside assistance providers
The ŠKODA range of vehicles are ideally suited for Motability customers as they offer a lot of accessibility and practicality. As well as fuel efficient engines, cutting edge technology and stylish designs adaptations and conversions are also available to help increase the accessibility of your vehicle even further. These adaptations can be made to your specific needs and requirements including:
- An adjustable steering column
- Parking sensors
- Start button ignition
- Push-pull hand controls
- Left-foot accelerators
- An electric hoist to lift powered wheelchairs and scooters into the car
- Swivel seats
- Easy release handbrakes
- Pedal extensions
- Steering wheel balls
- Infrared controls
The range of vehicles available from ŠKODA on Motability offer a fantastic range of choice. Each vehicle has a variety of key aspects ranging from fuel efficient engines, stylish designs and the latest technology from ŠKODA. In addition, each vehicle has plenty of accessibility and practicality making it easier for you to get in and out whilst storing any equipment you have with you. So whether you're looking for a nimble city car like the ŠKODA Citigo, or for something with more space like the ŠKODA Roomster, there's something for everyone.