The main goal of the Motability Scheme is to be as simple as possible and to provide you with worry free motoring.
- Simple.single regular payment
- Regular servicing included in the regular payment
- Customer Service helpline
There are a variety of options when it comes to choosing your vehicle on the Motability Scheme which are explained below.
Most Motability customers consider contract hire to be the best way to finance their car. Contract hire offers worry-free motoring and the convenience of a single, regular payment that includes insurance, maintenance and breakdown recovery.
Once your application has been accepted by Motability, the advance payment and weekly rental are price protected. This is valid for three months from the date your agreement is printed - provided that the car description on the agreement is not changed.
The contract hire lease price includes:
• Comprehensive insurance provided by Royal & SunAlliance 'Motability' (R&SAM).
• Full RAC breakdown cover.
• Servicing, maintenance, and repairs (arranged through a Motability dealer) at no extra charge.
• An allowance of 60,000 miles over the three years of your agreement.
If you opt to have any extras fitted - such as a CD player - they cannot be included in the lease cost. Your supplying dealer must fit them and you must pay for them yourself.
You might prefer hire purchase if you:
• Want to buy a used car
• Need adaptations but don't want to have to re-install them after three years (although we can offer an extension to five years
• Regularly cover high mileage (i.e. well above 45,000 miles over three years).
When choosing hire purchase, you negotiate the actual purchase price with your Motability dealer. However, you must remember that you are also responsible for arranging comprehensive insurance, breakdown recovery and servicing costs.
Once you have decided on your car, our Motability specialist will help you complete the application form.
You will need to provide:
• Your driving licence
• Your award entitlement notice
• Driving licences for any other named drivers
• Details of any previous accidents and driving convictions
• VED exemption certificate if applicable.
When the paperwork is complete simply sign the declaration on the application form. Our Motability specialist will then send your application and other paperwork to Motability for processing.